There’s nothing worse than being on the road and having a major sugar craving. Sometimes eating a vanilla wafer just isn’t enough, so try one of these quick and easy recipes to take the edge off.
Tin Can Gingerbread Cakes
Supplies needed include a 12-16 ounce container of applesauce, 1 box of gingerbread mix, aluminum foil, hot coals and 6 regular or 2 large metal food cans washed and dried.
- Thoroughly grease the insides of the cans
- Pour even amounts of applesauce into each can
- Mix the gingerbread and fill each can with even amounts of the batter
- Cover the top of each can with aluminum foil
- Stir the coals and even them out
- Place cans on the coals for 15 minutes
- Do a visual check by carefully removing the aluminum foil to see if the gingerbread has risen and steaming
- When done, carefully remove from the hot can and serve topped with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired
Cherry Cheese Turnovers
You’ll need crescent rolls (partially baked beforehand) cherry pie filling, cream cheese, butter and sugar.
- Slice partially baked crescent rolls in half making two separate rolls then slice lengthwise to make a pocket
- Butter the top of the crescent and sprinkle with sugar
- Gently pull the roll apart and spread cream cheese on the bottom layer then top with cherry pie filling
- Fold close and seal using a toothpick
- Place on the campfire and heat until hot
All you need is 1 bag of miniature marshmallows and 1 bag of chocolate chips, aluminum foil and one banana per person.
- Slice the banana on one side from top to bottom while it is still in the peel but do not cut all the way through to the other side
- Gently pull the banana and peel apart creating a crevice
- Place on a piece of aluminum foil large enough to wrap the banana
- Fill the crevice with chocolate chips and marshmallows
- Fold the foil around the filled banana
- Place on the grill for a few minutes then turn so it heats all the way through
- Carefully unwrap the banana and eat directly from the peel
Enjoy these recipes courtesy of Coach-Net. Do you have any dessert recipes that you enjoy while RVing? Share them with us in the comments below!