When you replace your old tires, do not throw away the old ones. Give them a second chance and turn them into fun stools that you can use as outdoor furniture or around a campfire.
What you will need
- Old tire
- White spray primer
- Color spray paint
- Wheels (optional)
- Foam for seat
- Outdoor fabric for seat
- Wash the tire thoroughly. Use bleach and let it dry under the sun
- Prime it with white spray primer
- Coat with desired color spray paint
- Measure the diameter of the tire. Transfer the outline onto thick plywood.
- Cut two circles. These will be place on top and bottom of your tire.
- (Optional) Buy some wheels. Three will do but four wheels will provide better stability
- (Optional) Screw the wheels onto one of the circles you made
- Place the bottom circle on your tire. Use a strong adhesive to secure the bottom part of the stool
- Flip it over and let it dry
- Get the other circle you made and put adhesive on its surface
- Grab some foam and cut according to the diameter of the circle
- Cover the foam with fabric and staple in place. Make sure you use outdoor fabric
- Place the fabric-covered circle on the tire
- You now have a fun campfire stool
Option: You can stack 2 tires for a higher stool.