Coach-Net, Fall, Favorite Recipes, Healthy Options, Tailgaiting, Tailgating Recipes, US Traveling
No matter where your recreational vehicle takes you, food is part of the travel plan. With many fall activities to enjoy, fast and easy recipes will keep your vacation itinerary right on time.
- Cube a 2 lb rib-eye steak. Set aside.
- Mix 1 tbsp. brown sugar and 4 tbsp. soy sauce in a large bowl. Add 1 clove of garlic, squeezed and pressed. Mix in 1 1/2 tsp. cumin, 3/4 tsp. ground coriander, 1/4 tsp. black pepper, 1 tbsp. lemon juice, 3/4 tsp. grated orange zest, and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Gradually add 2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Set aside at least 2 tbsp. of the marinade.
- Place the cubed steak in the marinade and coat. Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes turning the meat frequently.
- Place meat on skewers leaving space between each cube. Cook over a medium hot grill for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from skewers and drizzle with the extra marinade and garnish with mint sprigs or cilantro and serve.
Zesty Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs are a delicious and versatile item. Serve as an accompaniment to any meal, as an appetizer, as a snack, or use leftovers to make egg salad for sandwiches.
- Boil or steam 4 large eggs. Once cooked, place in a bowl of cold water. Peel and shell under a cold stream of water. Set aside on a platter until eggs are at room temperature.
- Once cooled, slice lengthwise. Scoop out the yoke, place in a separate bowl and mash with the back of a spoon.
- Add 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard, 3 tbsp. mayonnaise, and a dash of salt and pepper. Optional: 1/2 tsp. of finely diced onion or green pepper.
- Mix until smooth. Add more salt and pepper, if necessary or desired.
- Spoon egg mixture into the round recesses of the egg whites.
- Here’s the zesty part: instead of sprinkling the top with traditional paprika, use cayenne pepper.
- Don’t overdo it. Add just enough to spice up the egg.
- Garnish with diced chives.
- Alternative: top half the eggs with cayenne pepper and the other half with paprika. Provide a bottle of hot sauce for those who prefer extra zest.
If you have another favorite fall recipe- share it with us! The convenience of Coach-Net and its network of roadside assistance affiliates keep RV enthusiasts cooking from one coast to another.