These meatballs are a MUST for any tailgate party. It’s the best part of hot and spicy wings with none of the mess. Even the pickiest eater will love these!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, Panko, egg, garlic and onion powder and green onions; season with salt and pepper. Using a wooden spoon or clean hands, stir until well combined. Roll the mixture into 1¼-to-1½-inch meatballs, forming about 24 meatballs.
- Place meatballs onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 4-5 minutes, or until all sides are browned.
- Place meatballs into your slow cooker.
- Add buffalo sauce and gently toss to combine.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with blue cheese dressing, if desired.
Why are they called “slow cooker” when you have to bake them in an oven anyway. Why not just leave them in the oven?
Why are they called slow cooker? Because they go into the slow cooker for 2 hours after being browned in the 400* oven for only 4 to 5 minutes. Read all of the directions.
I think it would be easier to make in the oven at home, then either freeze or just put in fridge for reheating when you get to where your going.