Let’s be frank: everyone loves a hot dog. After all, it’s almost an American staple! But sometimes the same ol’ dog can get a bit boring. So, let’s take your average hot dog and add a new twist – a twist of bacon. You’ll love it!
- 8 all beef hot dogs
- Sliced cheese, cut in strips
- 10 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 8 hot dog buns
- Split hot dogs lengthwise, not cutting through
- Fill with strips of cheese.
- Wrap 2 strips of bacon around each hot dog and secure with toothpicks.
- Grill or cook over campfire, cheese side up.
- Remove toothpicks.
- Add buns and grill, turning frequently, until warmed and lightly charred, about 3 minutes.
- Add your favorite toppings and condiments.