Nothing says fall like a big bowl of warm chili. It’s the ultimate comfort food. This easy and delicious recipe is bound to become a campfire classic. It’s best when shared with family and friends around a cozy campfire.
- 1 2.5 oz package corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 11 oz can whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained (Mexicorn)
- 1/2 cup regular OR reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 15 oz can Beef with Beans Chili
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese
- Lightly oil or spray 10-inch dutch oven
- In large bowl, combine corn muffin mix, eggs, corn with peppers, sour cream and sugar
- Spread batter in bottom of prepared dutch oven
- Spoon chili evenly over top of batter, up to 1/2 inch of sides of dutch oven
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes
- Top with remaining half cup of cheese
- Bake for 10-15 minutes more or until bubbly and edges are brown.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
Source: Everyday Dutch Oven
L.O.; Bloomsburg, PA ~ “I have had Coach-Net coverage for four years but never had to use it. I have always wondered what would happen. It was an excellent experience. I am a believer. No regrets. They worked hard to find the right tire.”